• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome light switch/button

Hi Guys

Anyone know what this is for?
    Near door courtesy form light

it seems no one knows. haha
    its not even listed in the owners manual. my only guess was it could be the switch for police light bars on the roof. strange that its fitted to all cars though.

Comment

its not like a re-circ air button for the fans or something?

Comment

I did find that it could be related to the G Book menu. So if you use G Book to call police to your location, that button is the switch to turn it off.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure it cancels your emergency/mayday call, that switch part is literally "SWITCH ASSY, MAYDAY"

Comment

Hmm I don't have it but there is one which is for mayday. You can subscribe to that service in Japan but outside of Japan it has no purpose

Comment

Might disable the internal sensors when car is armed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by spoonza6 View Post
                Might disable the internal sensors when car is armed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Correct. I finally figured out exactly what it is and how to use it.

I pulled this piece out to see if I could mount my garage door opener in there, and noticed it seemed to be connected to this alarm box thing.

You can also get a different plastic set up for here that has what looks like a sunglasses holder.

This is from the manual.

Basically says that (credit to Google translate) there's an internal sensor for the alarm, and you can disable it by:
                Turning off the engine
                Pressing the 'OFF' button in the ceiling - which will cause the security light to flash quickly
                Arming/locking the car within 5 minutes

Last edited by Derp; 22-01-18, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X