Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adam View Post
    Lights look killer!
    My brother in law said that prados are similar and are renowned for the same issue so it might be worth looking into a local prado navi of the same year or a little bit newer.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    If you did manage to get the old navi working in the new car I'd be interested to see your rewiring.. even though the old one looks rubbish as compared to the new one (resolution etc) it'd be good to know.

Comment

• This turned up the other day, forgot I'd ordered it. It's pretty much the cheapest table I could find which was about the same colour as my interior panelling. I didn't just get it for wank factor, it actually covers up a crack in the dash

Comment

• Some major developments today.... I now have mesh in 3 out of the 4 fender vents, huge news right?

Also, this silver mesh is what came with the fenders but as you can see by the one that I made it is not quite the right shape/too small to fold around.

Then I ran out of mesh >_< In other news, gearbox feels like it's starting to slip from first to second now, that's not ideal.

Comment

• Mesh looks good Alex. Table also looks nice. VIP is for the wank factor :P
          Silver 2001 Lexus LS430 Premium Luxury

Comment

• So not really a major update but I put in the replacement Navi/head unit today. It's from a normal Crown not a Majesta but it's for Series 2 so it plugged in all good. The colour is red rather than green which the Majesta has but not really an issue, red kind of looks cool.

Good to know for future reference if anyone has the issue that you can interchange between Majesta and non as long as it's same age range. Also with the new one I got a bunch of Japanese music and dance music from previous owner haha.. oh and one Akon album, but we don't judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlracing.co.nz View Post
              So not really a major update but I put in the replacement Navi/head unit today. It's from a normal Crown not a Majesta but it's for Series 2 so it plugged in all good. The colour is red rather than green which the Majesta has but not really an issue, red kind of looks cool.

Good to know for future reference if anyone has the issue that you can interchange between Majesta and non as long as it's same age range. Also with the new one I got a bunch of Japanese music and dance music from previous owner haha.. oh and one Akon album, but we don't judge.
              Nice. So it is a hdd unit? Did you just put it in your Majesta face plate/housing?
              you can change the colour in the settings menu

Comment

• Yeah the units are exactly identical between Majesta and non, well the part number is different but it fits in and plugs work. I saw some options for colour but it wasn't so crazy it just changed saturation and brightness rather than actual colour. I like the red though.

I didn't just replace the HDD, but the whole centre navi unit.

Comment

• OK so today's task kind of escalated. I was going to put a replacement headlight in the super ugly clouded out one and I had purchased one from Japan a little while ago but when I went to put it in I saw the wrecker or whoever had cut some of the wires inside the headlight housing itself so without fully splitting the lenses I wouldn't be able to move the parts over.

However I did have a trick up my sleeve. In a trade a little while ago for some stuff I received some modified headlights which I've now installed. Fairly sure the beams are angled all wrong and the light colour is not matching to the spotlights now but otherwise not too bad..

This is the replacement one I was originally planning to put in.

Toyota makes it so easy, everything is plugged into this one simple plug.

No need to remove fenders, just the bumper and 4 bolts.

The spotlights look much less blue than in real life. Also the high beam is super blue so not sure how we'll go with that.

At least both the lights aren't all clouded out now.

Comment

• YOu'll just havbe to turn your headlights off at red-lights like the japs do

Comment

• Originally posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
                      YOu'll just havbe to turn your headlights off at red-lights like the japs do
                      Hah what I never noticed that.. usually they turn their headlights off if they're indicating to someone they can pull in front, like how we would flash the high beam

Comment

• Looks good!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Silver 2001 Lexus LS430 Premium Luxury

Comment

• Brakes are on!

Had a few hiccups on the way but the main annoying issue is the bleeding of the brakes. This car does not have a vacuum brake system so it was supremely difficult to bleed the old fashioned way as the ABS pump kept kicking in. The shop got it sorted enough for me to drive and tbh it feels better than the old brakes anyway but I will take it to Toyota to get them to bleed it using their software properly.

Not to mention looks awesome! Just have to size down the front tyre slightly so it doesn't hit the chassis rails so that's up next.

Comment

• Looks great! How does the software and brake bleeding work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              Looks great! How does the software and brake bleeding work?
                              I imagine yours will be the same but basically you need to use specific Toyota software to cycle through the ABS pump to get all the air out properly otherwise it doesn't allow it through the system cleanly.

Comment

• Had the same issue with my uzs171 bleeding the brakes. Had to do it with the engine running and about three separate times to get the pedal to feel solid.

Comment

Working...
                                X