Moonlight 2007 Crown Majesta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonlight 2007 Crown Majesta

So as some of you may know I recently won this car in Japan dealer auctions for an exceptional price. It was between this or a Celsior as the main requirements I had for this next project were quite simple.. V8, black leather, factory air suspension.

Now because I'm a car guy I've already purchased a bunch of stuff for it which will arrive shortly after the car which should be due in about a months time.

Scored this new PU lip kit pretty cheap, I think it's just an OEM type one. Always on the lookout for used aero but it's few and far between and I'm too cheap to pay for brand new full aero!

Artisan Spirits brand new in box fenders for a score, about half price of listed RRP, win! I'm not sure if they're any wider than stock, maybe 10mm which is what most of the Artisan Spirits ones are. But.. vents !

Did not expect to win these though.. 20x8.5 +44 / 20x9.5 +38 with decent Nitto rubber. Yeah the offsets are a bit shit but for mostly OEM body it will be all good. I've still got the 19x10s which I'll mount on the car to see if they'll work haha.. not likely though!

Things still required are:

- Winker mirrors or cover, pretty easy to get those.
    - Mufflers, very hard to find used ones and I'm way too cheap to pay for new.. but Lexus 3GS might fit.. little more research required.
    - Air sus controller harness, friend of mine has a controller so I just need to buy a harness which is easy.
    - SS kit, air sus controller friend has that for me too.
    - Roof Wing, hard to find used ones but just need to be patient.
    - Rear Wing, same as roof wing but I do like the look of J-Unit rear wing.
    - Big brake kit.. I'm working on something

Hmm yeah that about covers it so far I think.. probably do a bunch of maintenance stuff when it arrives as you'd expect. The same friend who has the air controller kit also has some modified front/rear tail lights so I'll have a look at those when I go over to get the controller and ss kit.

Goddamn, I am looking forward to what this is going to look like a month after it turns up in your driveway.

Comment

I predict many colours and pieces

Comment

Niiiiiiiice very very keen to see this build
        "Nice Stagea mate, yeah I had one of those a few years ago"

Comment

woooooo, keen to see updates!

Comment

Damn got big plans already.
            You really like Kranze's dont you...

That lip kit is pretty cool, certainly keeps the unique look of the 18 series. Most of the aftermarket body kits really transform the shape of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
              Damn got big plans already.
              You really like Kranze's dont you...

That lip kit is pretty cool, certainly keeps the unique look of the 18 series. Most of the aftermarket body kits really transform the shape of the car.
              Always go into it with a plan that ultimately falters half way through hahah

The Kranze just happened to be the right size for the right price, not particularly hunting for them though

Comment

Going to look sweet as bud. The Aero kit looks a lot like the one I currently have on my car.

Are you going to give it some wing action?

Curious to see what the factory stereo is like.
                Silver 2001 Lexus LS430 Premium Luxury

Comment

Yes on the look out for cheap wings. Will look unbalanced without it.

Apparently the normal 18 is not the same as the Majesta, could be because this is facelift so it might be similar to the facelift UCF31. Guy I met the other weekend has one and his mate is some computer programmer or whatever and trying to look into it.

Comment

Awesome toy. Looks like my 186! Am watching your thread for inspiration.
                    Last edited by Pslvip; 18-06-16, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Found out that the air controller I was going to use isn't compatible, too old. The Majesta air system seems to interact with the screen and all that so it needs something else. Anyway, managed to find a used ASC680 and harness for pretty OK price and purchased that.

Had the email from Oval Connect that the car is due in Auckland 16th June, mint. Probably couple weeks in compliance I suppose, depending on what might need doing (tyres/brakes are common). Hopefully nothing else, car should be in pretty good condition.*

Comment

gee that was quick.
                        and i guess being NZ you can just drive to your local servo, grab some numberplates and she's registered? thats how NZ grey imports work, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
                          gee that was quick.
                          and i guess being NZ you can just drive to your local servo, grab some numberplates and she's registered? thats how NZ grey imports work, yeah?
                          Haha not quite. For a car like this it shouldn't have too much trouble going through compliance. I get a years rego and wof (roady) once that's completed too so a plate is issued then. After that I can start wrecking it.

Comment

OK car has been through compliance, it did fail on two shocks which is annoying. They've found a rear one locally but having trouble finding a front one here so will need to source from Japan. Not a major major they're around easy enough just take a bit of time.

Comment

Picked up the car today. Couple quick phone shots while I was poking around giving the interior a bit of a clean up. Need to do even more, some of the bits have lots of mud and what not around, usual import car kind of things. Port workers don't care lol

Good:
                              - Engine is strong, and it's surprisingly quick too. I forgot what having a good V8 was like.
                              - Overall exterior isn't too bad, few scratches and that but nothing major.
                              - Overall interior is pretty good, seats aren't too bad for 200ks, shift knob needs replacing and there is some little marks on the dash but nothing super major.
                              - The rear seat area is more boss than I expected. The rear seats recline and have their own aircon controls, also there is a fridge in the back which I think I knew but forgot.

Not so good:
                              - Wheels/tyres are so small! 215 55 17 tyre on what I assume is 17x7 wheel. This causes the car to feel a little unstable at times. Also I think they're probably no good anyway as the car gets sweet vibration on at about 90ks. Align/tyre check/wheel balancing in near future. I have some new wheels in the container for it but that won't be here until end of month.
                              - One headlight is all clouded over and one is brand new, maybe an accident in the past but if it was then it was repaired well. Will need to polish out the headlight at some stage.
                              - The battery was flat so I put a battery I had in here and that moved it again but as it was completely drained some of the things are being odd. I can't put down other windows aside from driver side and the auto window feature doesn't seem to work. Also I have an AFS light on in the dash implying some problem with the headlight movement. I'm hoping these are going to fix themselves but will have to see how it goes. Doesn't really effect the rest of the car though. All those things worked before the battery was completely dead and replaced so should theoretically work ok.
                              - Obviously the GPS doesn't work and the radio frequency is limited. I can get a band expander easy enough and some people are working on english versions of the software for the screen but nothing quite made yet.

Still plenty of little bits and pieces to work out, the seating position feels quite high but maybe it's just because the car is quite high haha and I'm constantly finding switches and buttons and all sorts.

So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X