Brody's 186 Majesta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brody's 186 Majesta

Now that I've got some spare time over a study break I thought I'd come on and show you guys my attempt at what is my first go at going VIP.

So right around the start of April 2017 I got the call to say that Id got a successful bid on a 2004 Toyota Majesta. Black on black leather which was perfect and for a reasonable price.

Here's when i first picked it up:
    ​​

​​

After I got it home I waited about a month and then ordered some wheels and later some coil-overs. I was originally going to go with one of the data-systems controllers but decided against it as i really want to be able to drive it low and don't really like the idea of putting that much pressure on the stock bags.

I was then thinking about waiting longer and going for aftermarket bags but I kinda fell in love with the idea of a static VIP car, plus I like the firmer ride coil-overs have.

I went to T-Demand for the coil-overs and they soon arrived about 3 weeks later:

SR:
    Front: 20k
    Rear: 18k

The next day after close to a 4 months wait the wheels showed up. I bought some SSR SP3s in super black coat:

Specs are:
    Front: 20x9.5 +22
    Rear 20x10.5 +18

I got some tyres put on a couple weeks later, went with 245/35 rears and 225/35 fronts:

Front stretch

Rear:

Test fitted them 2 days ago to see what I was dealing with, i'd fitted a friends 19s before buying the 20s so we had a good idea of how much poke there was going to be, guessed about 2-3cm:

Really happy with the poke. Should be able to get them under with some guard work and some camber.

From the side (as ugly as it is with no lows haha):

Only got a week and a half to go till the coil-overs go in, guards get done and a final fitment and alignment. In the mean time Ive ordered the SSR center caps so Ill have those ready, I did take a pic to do a quick Photoshop on as i really wanted to see what it'll kinda end up like Ill be sure to upload pics of installing the coil-overs and all the rest with some proper pics of the final product, going to go pretty slammed.

Photoshopped pic:

I'm still deciding on plans after but Ill probably touch the exhaust next with some interior stuff which will happen pretty fast afterwards (week or 2). Update on everything will be in a week or so

Last edited by bdUZ; 25-09-17, 12:19 AM.

Nice man, I wonder how long until you get sick of the static life haha. Those will fit under easy

Comment

very nice, gorgeous wheels. nice sizing too. couldnt have been cheap!
      Those are chrome pieces on the wheel arches? does it look like you'll have to bin those when you roll the guards?

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
        very nice, gorgeous wheels. nice sizing too. couldnt have been cheap!
        Those are chrome pieces on the wheel arches? does it look like you'll have to bin those when you roll the guards?

tyvm Yeah the chrome around the arches is just an insert thing that screws on to the lip inside. Thats the same lip that's going to get rolled so itll go. After testing the wheels i reckon the chrome on the car became too much imo anyway so itll be good to get rid of that and maybe the little strips on the doors. I'll check it out once the wheels and everything goes on.

Comment

Definitely keep the strips on the doors!
          that sort of stuff is generally rare and I really think it adds something.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
            Definitely keep the strips on the doors!
            that sort of stuff is generally rare and I really think it adds something.
            Yeah I'll most likely end up leaving them there

Comment

Is going to look really good!

Comment

Looks very nice bud.
                Silver 2001 Lexus LS430 Premium Luxury

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                  Is going to look really good!
                  Originally posted by Digitalmick View Post
                  Looks very nice bud.
                  cheers guys

Comment

Door strips all good, like mine I've removed the arch things but the door still has chrome

Comment

Originally posted by mlracing.co.nz View Post
                      Door strips all good, like mine I've removed the arch things but the door still has chrome

Not the horizontal chrome, mines got chrome strips down the door opening on front and rear. Was thinking it might make the car flow and look cleaner without these little strips but ill just get some black tape over them and step back to get a better idea later. Most likely ill leave them:

Did have a look at yours though man you've done really well with it!

Comment

Oh yeah remove that junk haha. Cheers bro

Comment

Update 3/10/2017:

Quick update on things, yesterday I got the guards rolled and pulled, the chrome arch is gone and they're all nice and flat for Thursdays install (today being Tuesday) of the coilovers and wheels.

Fronts came up perfect, should have them easy when we drop it.

Rears poke a little more but that's expected. Nothing a little camber cant fix :P

No center caps makes me annoyed like most so I grabbed these in the mean time too.

Spent about 2-3 hours polishing and cleaning her too, next update will be when shes all good and slammed :P Ill have some proper photos

Comment

How did the paint go on the fold? Did you cut and roll or just roll it all?
                            Have you attacked the bumper tab at all yet on the rear?
                            Will be good to see on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              How did the paint go on the fold? Did you cut and roll or just roll it all?
                              Have you attacked the bumper tab at all yet on the rear?
                              Will be good to see on Thursday
                              Just rolled it with no cutting or anything, came out great

And i dont think ill have to touch anything else in reference to the tabs, It looks like we've got plenty of clearance ect all round we'll see tomorrow night anyway haha I do remember you mentioned those tho!

Comment

Working...
                              X