help me ruin an X308 Jag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me ruin an X308 Jag

So over the weekend I had a bit of an itch and a need to ruin a jag so I have decided to purchase this

its a 2000 X308 jag XJ.
    3.2l V8. chain guides were done in 2011 apparently ( if motor dies then its LS time)
    was imported from HK. 2 owners. guy who bought it in HK and the guy I bought it off.
    105ish km. interior looks as new bar the sun roof rails dying and the 3rd brake light getting wonky.

the chrome bits in the interior and the foot well sills still ahve the blue plastic the car was delivered with.

no real big plans at the moment. AC works well so it'll be good to putt around in in the summer.

I'll start of with lowering it. preferrably with bags but if I get stuck I can start with coilovers. a bit of camber. or a lot of camber and some JDM type wheels. Was thinking Leon Hardiritt ordens, oz scara or like a work schwert sc3 or something.

then maybe in the future if I get bored of the shape I could go a J complete kit or something. I wanna put a decent sound ystem in. apparently the OEM radio is nearly 2din so you cant fit a 2 din radio in without a bit of a fight.

Shit yeah there's a few of these floating around Japan that have been done up awesomely

Comment

These look great with just a drop and some wheels!

Comment

so hard to find bags

Comment

Euro VIP.. I like it. I always had a soft spot for Jags.
          Silver 2001 Lexus LS430 Premium Luxury

Comment

Originally posted by loveb View Post
            so hard to find bags
            Presumably you're not looking to buy new?

Comment

I understand your need, the shape of these things and the size wheels they take... just asking to lay frame and hard park :P

Do you know what the PCD is? I will keep an eye out for some nice wheels.
              Bagging these seems to be fairly common, wonder if everyone buys them new?

Comment

5x120! was thinking run 5x114 converters. the one I found is 20mm so that'll change my offsets which then means do I need to run a weaker setup so it still fits correctly?

I dont mind if new/used for bags. prefer used cause poorboys racing lol

J complete used to make bag kits but have stopped. they only have super low down springs now I just wanna slam it with wheels before hot import nights atleast hahahaha

I was hoping to put ordens or varianza of some sort. the 5x120 ones seem to be mostly random brands or simmons

Comment

nah 5x120's popular in japan lately with the euro stance craze. sometimes they're cheaper, sometimes more expensive...

any idea on wheel sizes? 19's? 20's? 11" wide in the rear?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d249141025
                  https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k269133331

Comment

was hoping 19 or 20. maybe 9.5 atleast in front to about 11 in the rear? thereabouts. depends as well if I need to run converters.

was hoping to fit ordens.

Comment

looks like air ride in VIC have a kit they can get together for the XJ. fingers crossed

Comment

looks like air ride in VIC have a kit they can get together for the XJ. fingers crossed
                        Great news !

Comment

air ride in vic 6500 to supply. might save for that. im just gonna chop the springs for now to start lol

Comment

air ride in vic 6500 to supply. might save for that. im just gonna chop the springs for now to start lol
                            Can't be fucked with coilovers?

Comment

in terms of wheels...

this thread has been handy (just remember theyre conservative brits :P )
                              https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...2-x308-111727/

18" wheels with a 45 profile tyre

20x10"

20x9.5" +20's offset

18x8, 18x9"

I think 18's would look good and make it easier to lay frame on bags :P my offsets (plus adapter spacers) would be aggressive. guard roll and camber at a minimum I think (but with my tyre sizes, should tuck very nicely.

Comment

Working...
                              X