X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam
    started a topic 18 Crowns Royal Saloon & Athlete

18 Crowns Royal Saloon & Athlete

So a couple of months ago after I sold my silver royal saloon I went shopping at auction one Saturday to see what I could get. I had a list of about six cars that fit the bill ready to go. All were grade 4bb to get the best car without paying drug money. Turns out the first two were running pretty well simultaneously and we got both cars. The Royal saloon didn't have rego so we sent it back here straight away but the athlete still had rego so we kept that in Japan until after our trip to see my wife's family. So now we are back from Japan I have picked the Royal saloon up from the compliancer and the athlete is getting on a boat this week. I have decide to keep the athlete as it is the 3.5L with huge brakes and its in immaculate condition. I am going to clean the Royal saloon up a bit and sell it.
    I bought a couple of sets of wheels to go on each and a set of airlift bags for the Athlete. I want to put the traffic stars on the athlete but I don't know if they will clear the brakes. Time will tell.

Royal Saloon
    2004 3.0L
    black
    Final Konexxion Phantom coilovers
    Silk Blaze muffler tips
    full lip kit - needs to be fitted properly and painted again
    Leather
    Front table

Athlete
    2007 3.5L
    white
    Black leather interior
    completely standard
    Airlift bags ready to go in. Still undecided on management.

wheels are riverside trafficstar dtz and rays blackfleet v350
    photos in next post

• Adam
    replied
    Originally posted by spoonza6 View Post

random question - could the full stereo setup and trim be interchanged with the Majesta? #askingforafriend
    Not possible. Different shape. You can buy the kit for a Majesta I thought.

Leave a comment:

• spoonza6
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam View Post

random question - could the full stereo setup and trim be interchanged with the Majesta? #askingforafriend

Leave a comment:

• mlracing.co.nz
    replied
    Looks sick

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Picked up the other car that we drove on the last trip last week. Fitted the wheels, cut and painted the guards and wound the coilovers down. Once they settle I may have to bring it up just a little bit more. If you have any friends looking for a crown this one is now up for sale.
    I think the specs on these wheels are about perfect for grs18's. 19x9 +28 and 19x10 +30

Leave a comment:

• mlracing.co.nz
    replied
    Ah nice, time to setup a bunch of screens in the back? Haha, full AV system coming !

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Originally posted by mlracing.co.nz View Post
    Haha neat but why do you need two playing the same
    It only works when a DVD is playing. When it is radio or usb or bluetooth music you can have a black screen, menu screen or navi screen above. The top screen is easier for my daughter to see when she is in the back.

Leave a comment:

• mlracing.co.nz
    replied
    Haha neat but why do you need two playing the same

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mlracing.co.nz
    replied
    Use something like iforce.co.nz for photo upload.

re Camry.. how many Camry's vs Crown do you see in Japan though :P

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Originally posted by mlracing.co.nz View Post
    That's probably because that's what it is basically.. JDM Camry
    saying its a camry is a bit harsh. haha. Japan has camrys. Have you seen the T-Demand camry?!?!

Beatsonic kit arrived yesterday. Pretty easy to fit, lots of wires to fit in the back.
    All the menu buttons still work, reverse camera still works. CD, AM FM and MD buttons do nothing. The factory volume controls all work (including steering wheel).
    Photos not currently working. Will upload when it starts working again

Leave a comment:

• mlracing.co.nz
    replied
    That's probably because that's what it is basically.. JDM Camry

Leave a comment:

• Leroy Peterson
    replied
    Just appeared very pedestrian, Aurion with a minor facelift. Didnt appear to have anything special about it or better build quality than regular Toyota cars.

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Originally posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
    Have you been inside a 21?
    Look good on the outside... few of us checked them out at Toyota megaweb and weren't really impressed...
    Ive seen the inside but never touched the actual dash etc. Is that where you weren't very impressed? Lack of high quality finishing or just the look/ergonomics of it?

Leave a comment:

• Leroy Peterson
    replied
    Have you been inside a 21?
    Look good on the outside... few of us checked them out at Toyota megaweb and weren't really impressed...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X