No announcement yet.

18 Crowns Royal Saloon & Athlete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test fit of the fronts to make sure I had brake clearance. Heaps there luckily.
    I will pick them up with tyres on tomorrow so hopefully will get them on tomorrow night.
    15033056668580.jpg

Comment

Tyres on and on the car.
      ended up with 225 35 20 on the fronts and 245 30 20 on the rear. I was after some Federals but they didnt do the sizing so ended up going for the generic winruns.
      Offset looks good and much easier to fit compared to the sc2's I had on the silver car. Once I have the bags in I will see how much chopping of the guards i need.
      15033919817110.jpg
      15033920128232.jpg
      15033919934871.jpg

Comment

Looking at that do you think you'll need to cut the guards? I don't think so. That will tuck in easy

Comment

Originally posted by mlracing.co.nz View Post
          Looking at that do you think you'll need to cut the guards? I don't think so. That will tuck in easy
          there isn't enough stretch on the tyres to clear I don't think. Should come close though

Comment

looks great. you couldnt ask for better offsets on second-hand wheels.

Comment

Great job! offset is perfect
              Silver 2001 Lexus LS430 Premium Luxury

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalmick View Post
                Great job! offset is perfect
                Originally posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
                looks great. you couldnt ask for better offsets on second-hand wheels.
                Thanks, very happy with them. Especially for second hand.
                BAGS IN THIS WEEKEND! Starting to get excited. I will start with the management to make sure I have enough time to get the bags in and sorted before Monday. I have ended up going with a manual front back sides kit from Boss air bags and am going to hook up a slam specialties switch box.

Comment

Sneak peak. Rear bags in. Need to cut guards to air out completely. Might do that sometime this week if not it wont be for two weeks. Just have to run it for a few days to make sure there is no leaks.
                  Running airline is such a pain!
                  Iv got a video too but not sure how to upload it.
                  15044262972230.jpg
                  Last edited by Adam; 03-09-17, 06:18 PM.

Comment

That's full down? Where does it hit? The bumper tabs ?

Comment

no it just gets stuck, guard and guard lip on tyre. I havent been able to full down it yet. Ill pull the guard trim off and just dump it and see if the weight will coerce it. I have only put them in at the standard height.

Comment

So I got home this afternoon and busted the grinder out. I cut out a little over half the inner lip.
                        This is the result. It still touches in a couple of spots when fully airred out but wont when at ride height.
                        15048610925640(1).jpg
                        15048611061431.jpg

Comment

shit yeah, very nice.

Comment

It seems as though the more I air out and get the bags cycled through a few cycles with nothing holding the car up it gets lower!!!
                            Tucking the entire lip now!
                            15048681000660.jpg

Comment

Yuss looks so good

Comment

Decided I wanted a front lip to just finish it off.
                                Have this one ordered, being cut in half and on the way. Its the same or similar to the one I had for the silver car.
                                Nice and simple and cheap.
                                0393_torituke.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X