Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adam View Post
    SP3s are cool!!
    Make sure whoever you get to buy them for you contacts the seller and asks for a price without tyres as that price includes new tyres in the size you select. Thats if you are getting them sent by air.
    They look like 19s with step lips. So will be an 18" face. Where did you see the thing about 20? I cant see it in the ad
    I dunno, just had it in my head 19" could have been the centers. you're right though.

I found out getting brand new from Work wouldn't be that much more expensive (wholesale in Jap) and would get choice in sizing, fittings, centrecaps + center colour. and I can wait till later in the year for when I actually wanted to buy wheels.... so I will wait.

I really do want the Fabulous wheels though and being 2pc theyre not badly priced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
      I dunno, just had it in my head 19" could have been the centers. you're right though.

I found out getting brand new from Work wouldn't be that much more expensive (wholesale in Jap) and would get choice in sizing, fittings, centrecaps + center colour. and I can wait till later in the year for when I actually wanted to buy wheels.... so I will wait.

I really do want the Fabulous wheels though and being 2pc theyre not badly priced.
      as long as you dont want meister s1 3p they are generally cheap.
      If I was going to buy new works again Id consider Vs xx. They look good on anything!!

Comment

as long as you dont want meister s1 3p they are generally cheap.
        If I was going to buy new works again Id consider Vs xx. They look good on anything!!
        depends on what you define as cheap!
        I learned today that SP3's only come in step lip, so I need 20's so the centre clear the brakes. That, plus add a few optionals and the price starts to rise... i think the added expense over the Fabulous wheels will probably come back in the re-sale price. Do I plan to sell these wheel eventually? i guess so. If I ever sell the car or part out or just want to try something different.
        Looking at SP5's and offsets are little different and harder to get dish out of. The TF1's are a bit of a risk for brake clearance...
        since new wheels will be at least 1-2 months to order, i should get the process going soon to have them before christmas. still havent locked in either models lol

Comment

• If you are after works in particular. Go to fujicorporation.com and request a quote (they do english as well) with and without shipping. They have a campaign on works at the moment. They could be as cheap as 35000yen each brand new for 19s

Comment

If you are after works in particular. Go to fujicorporation.com and request a quote (they do english as well) with and without shipping. They have a campaign on works at the moment. They could be as cheap as 35000yen each brand new for 19s
            Thanks, i checked out the website and they dont have any SSR Professor models on offer. They did have super cheap wheels for the pulsar though! but theres no option to pick the offset.

I contact JDMconcept for information on colours (since theres like a bajillion different shades of silver) and they say the SP3 is discontinued... must be replaced by the SP5.

Comment

• So at Toyota Winterfest a while ago, I took the Gloria out and noticed it was bogging down on boost a bit. Thought I could hear air escaping when driving through a tunnel, so thought maybe a loose hose clamp or slipped off hose.
              Few weeks later I went over the intake side and found a few loose clamps, took the car out that night and things were ok for about 10mins. Then I noticed it wasnt liking boost again, then accelerator wasn't making the car rev, then I noticed quite a lot of fumes coming out the back. Luckily I was near home, so pulled in a few streets away. On the journey home the car stalled and wouldnt start again. Thankfully the rest of the trip was downhill, so got it out the front of my place with only a little bit of pushing.
              I feared the worst and would deal with it the next day.

Next day I hadnt touched anything, it started, drove it up the driveway and parked it in the garage. Huge relief that it wasnt a catastrophic failure, but seemed to be down a cylinder. Could smell it running rich in the garage. Doing some reading, and I always knew that the M35's had temperamental AFM's that would prevent the car from running or throw it into limp mode. So did some googling and purchased a new AFM. Not OEM because the M35 guys say that the part had changed since the cars came out and the newer OEM replacements would die quicker than aftermarket replacements. (there heaps of info on SAU/google).

This is the old unit:

and this is the new unit I got off ebay (wasn't a cheapy though)

Chucked it in, started the car. Again, it was like it was missing a cylinder (but not as bad as I've had a misfire before when the Yellow Jacket coilpacks were giving me issues). Unburnt fuel was couching out the exhaust.
              (this pic was after I mopped all the fuel up)

Now this whole issue has never generated an engine light, or any errors on the Nav system. But I dont have a scan tool, so cant check for error codes, but that would make life a lot easier. I might read up on how the M35 guys get their error lights on the dash, see if that works.
              I'm also not sure if the errors needed to be cleared/reset when changing the AFM. doubt it.
              Also I'm pretty sure the car isnt in limp mode, I've had gearbox limp mode before (3rd gear all day, erryday) and it was in first when driving around and up the driveway.

Next step is to take the intake side apart, check/replace the coilpacks (got the Yellow Jackets lying around) and start diagnosing. But this takes time. and time I dont have. So sadly the car is going to sit here for a while

I got a large box of accessories from Japan I'm eager to mount, so I'll share once its all fitted.
              Also got this bad boy second hand (LEDs work, woo)

It mounts behind a numberplate and glows. Looks pretty cool.
              Christmas break from work will be spent on the lighting and interior. Got lots of shit on my To Do List. Need to get it done. Last year was 4 days in the garage doing brakes and fixing the pulsar. This year will be at a table soldering lol.

Comment

• Thats no good!
                I thought it was going to be an update with new wheels arriving!!

Comment

Thats no good!
                  I thought it was going to be an update with new wheels arriving!!
                  nah, not yet. Advertising my current wheels, will probably put on facebook eventually.
                  And still working on the triumph.
                  Havent done my tax return yet either lol.

All those things will fund new wheels.

Comment

• Look forward to seeing the LED number plate part installed

Very AutoMesse style hehe

Silver 2001 Lexus LS430 Premium Luxury

Comment

• Accessorize

New DAD front table and a few optionals + extras.
                      New Blackwoodgrain II finish. Violet Swarovski ring kit, regular shape coasters + lighting kit, crocodile skin cut-out and coasters. Very happy with the item
                      Also got an Ashtray bottle thingy with the leather DAD monogram, and selling my too-big Sunshade to Summers and bought a smaller DAD suction cup sun shade thingy.
                      Missed out on a second-hand DAD umbrella oh well.

Over the Christmas break I plan to execute operation "Ultimate Purple", installing all my purple lighting gear and connecting it via a switch(es). That way can turn everything on without needing parkers on, and can turn it off when not needed.
                      Last edited by Leroy Peterson; 01-11-17, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• If anyone is flicking through this threead and sick of seeing dead image links: theres an add-on called Photobucket Embed Image Fix. i had planned to fix all the links, but it aint gonna happen anytime soon.

Big updates coming soon... things escalated this week with some rare opportunities arising across the Pacfic ocean. stay tuned!

Comment

• What escalated? Wheels?!?
                          The table looks awesome. I saw one similar in a D.A.D shop the other day. Who new they had proper shops in shopping centres! I was going to buy one but they were all order made. The seat covers also looked really good in real life.

Comment

• yeah the DAD wooly seat covers are mad. Wanted so much stuff from those shops got a shirt at least lol
                            (dont mind the awkward pose haha)

I would share pics of what I've bought... but thats boring. Some will arrive next week, some is coming via sea post, so will be a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X