Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HY34 - 'Tidy Executive'

another forum, another build thread...

I might start things a bit differently and instead of displaying the car as it is, I might show the end goal and philosophy behind Project - Tidy Executive.

The Plan:

its unfortunate that somewhere in the world is a Y34 that is very very similar to what I had in mind. Its also annoying that I had an image in my head and then discovered this car afterwards that pre-dates my ideas (none of which are particularly unique, but we all want our cars to be special)

Damn. it looks great.

So what would I like to do thats different from the above car?
    Wheels, obviously. Lose the slim weathershields. Roof spoiler. Tint all round. no drift-style muffler. leather interior. sunroof. post-facelift model. an overall focus on black and chrome + red tail lights. de-badged minus Gloria emblem and ornament.

"Tidy Executive"?
    Classy, functional and subtle. In that order. legal-ish ride height. legal-ish tint. no stretch. no obnoxious exhaust or induction. no zzzzz-tututu. no external gate (lol)
    and ultimately, to make people question their love for toyota chasers.

The Parts:

Currently waiting for hear back from Japan on the Leon Hardiritt Gral's I ordered a while ago. hopefully ready for shipping by end of next week.
    18 x 8.5 + 17
    18 x 9.5 + 18 (all finished in silver polish)

(thats -51 offset btw)

Waiting in the garage. db's are Yokohama's silent tyre. keen to try it out. shame they didnt come in the size for the rear, will go 265 next time.

Cedric tail lights

BC BR coilovers for Y34 99-04.

Gloria hood ornament and badge

Genuine Super Made Instant Gentleman body kit

Also have many bits and pieces for maintenance plus some pink interior LEDs for that extra subtle

The Car:

as it was in my driveway after completing compliance...

but wont be able to get my hands on it until early December unfortunately.
    Last edited by Leroy Peterson; 11-01-15, 08:16 PM.

Awesome!!

Btw, my stock grille is same as yours so I'm no help there :P

Comment

HY34 - 'Tidy Excecutive'

Its not chrome though. Pretty sure its a darkened colour. Just wanted to try it out, but would probs look best with darkened headlight surrounds

Comment

Ok, will you be at the next meet? I'll bring it around. Found it on the weekend

Comment

Looks like you have a good idea of what you what to do bud.

Those wheels are amazing! Look forward to seeing them fitted soon.
          Silver 2001 Lexus LS430 Premium Luxury

Comment

Ah so you're buying the genuine kit from Viva once they're done are ya?

Comment

Originally posted by BurtoN View Post
              Ah so you're buying the genuine kit from Viva once they're done are ya?
              yeah they needed someone to buy it or else no group buy thats fine with me though. still trying to figure out how the lights are to be mounted on the front bar, or if they even came with lights. I'll be home next week to have a look at it though.
              Will look at getting it fitted and painted next year. need to enjoy the stock body for at least a little while that and im digging the space-age TV antenna lol

I've ordered some Yellow Jacket coilpacks (Okada Projects are $1500, goddamn) and an indoor satin car cover from http://www.coverworld.com.au/car-cov...ver-sedan.html I thought $95 was a good buy. I've never had a black car before but i can imagine it not being very friendly with my steel garage.
              Also need to look into some products for maintaining the leather interior.

Shame I cant make the end of year meet this friday but the week after i'll be flat out getting roadworthy, rego + other bits and pieces so stay tuned

Comment

For your leather, use leatherique, it's the best stuff IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

cool, thanks for the recommendation. saves me doing some reading up. Will grab some deodorisers and A/C vent cleaning stuff while im at it.

Comment

Was supposed to have this week off but work has gotten in the way again, so not much time to dedicate to the car.

Used the Leatherique "Rejuvinator oil" and "Pristine Clean" products. The rejuvinator requires 12hours to 1 week to do its thing and some heat. It wasnt hot enough in Melbourne over the weekend and after 24 hours didnt seem to have gotten much dirt or perspiration out but it was spotless before treatment. I do feel better after cleaning it though. Luckily the car came with a "Radiation Free" sticker too, maybe it was near Fukoshima?

Sunroof is large and has tilt and retracted functions. the glass slides hidden into the roof which i wasnt expecting.

Cant figure out what the plastic shelf is for. anyone know if the DVD Navigation system will play movies or can use updated maps?

metho and window cleaner got all the stickers and paint pen off, but the white stuff isnt budging. i didnt want to scrape it off before roadworthy...

The sidesteps are a bit scuffed, so peeling off the blue protective layer sorts that out. Im taking off the whole trim item, but seperating the trim from the metal piece isnt worth it. Will ruin the adhesive sticking them together, so im just picking off leftover bits with a pair of tweezers.

Took me a fair while to figure out how to get to the cabin filter. bloody glovebox doesnt look like the hinges come off. Theres some write-ups on M45s around. unfortunately the Ryco filter i had doesnt fit (luckily will fit my pulsar though). Will try Nissan OEM or source from the US.
                    The gearbox ECU is next to the blower motor.

Had some trouble getting the navigation system/stereo and AC controls working before the roadworthy. Was just a small blown fuse in the engine bay. Bit strange to couple them all together because it had no demisters! Spent a little while playing around with the system which is made easy with practice and the translated instructions.

Last edited by Leroy Peterson; 11-01-15, 08:14 PM. Reason: pics disappeared

Comment

love the Japanese voice over.

My Nissan 300zx Z31 had that. I thought it was awesome.

DVD System is just a DVD data drive for GPS. I can get a video input into your factory screen however
                      Silver 2001 Lexus LS430 Premium Luxury

Comment

Plastic bit under the gps isn't a shelf, it's the cover for the unit itself. There should be some velcro on the interior trim just in front of the gps unit

Does your cabin filter have a holder? Is that why the ryco doesn't fit? The nissan one I had in there had no holder and was the same size as the ryco filter.
                        Last edited by Oyabun Y34; 09-12-14, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalmick View Post
                          DVD System is just a DVD data drive for GPS. I can get a video input into your factory screen however
                          Would be cool to use it with an ipod a la Glenn-style, but ive got RCA connectors in the back too so not sure how much use the dvd drive will be

Originally posted by Oyabun Y34 View Post
                          Plastic bit under the gps isn't a shelf, it's the cover for the unit itself. There should be some velcro on the interior trim just in front of the gps unit

Does your cabin filter have a holder? Is that why the ryco doesn't fit? The nissan one I had in there had no holder and was the same size as the ryco filter.
                          Thanks ill try it out.

The filter holder has a cable going to it. It cant be disconnected, looks like i would have to cut it. So unless the ryco filter squeezes in below the holder, i dont think its going to fit.

One more thing ive noticed is that i dont have the mega-awesome green LED illuminated rear glass hopefully just blown globes...

Comment

Cable, ey? Do you maybe have the ion filter thingy button on the dash somewhere?

Comment

Leather come out nice

Comment

Working...
                              X